YEAR IN REVIEW
Bluegrass 2008 Review
We had a good year considering all that has happened this year.
We have a solid group of folks that now regularly attend our launches.
It is time for me to step down as BRS Prez. Those that attend launches know that I have been planning to step down after this year. I have enjoyed meeting all the new folks to the club.
I will remain NAR SR Adviser and TRA Prefect.
With all I have going now I don't have the time or energy to devote to the club I feel it deserves.
I will still be at all the launches. I just will no longer be handling day to day operations.
The new line up of officers for 2009 will be:
I'm confident our new officers will take the club to the next level. I will be here to help in any way. Thank you for letting me serve as your President these past 3 years. I got all the thanks I could ever want from the folks that show up to fly. That says thanks better than words.
- President -Dennis Stevens
- VP -CJ Kendrick
- Secretary/Treasurer -Andrew Connors
- Webmaster -Joe Magginnis
- Committee Chairman -Jack Stewart
- SR adviser/Prefect -Darryl Hankes
We got 7 new members this year. That is the same as last
- Phil Stevens
- Johnathan Callahan
- Lee Berry
- Roger McCann
- Darrell Reamer
- Scott Waton
- Dean Virtue
- welcome aboard
- We had 561 flights this year that is 259 less than
- We had 621 motors burned thats 290 less than last
We had a total impulse of 27,420.18ns = Contrail O6300.
That is 20,802.92ns less than last year.
- We had 2 new L1 certs Phil Stevens and Joe Simon.
- Increased Treasury 1300% (Since 2005)
- 90% of our members are now certified.
- First Regional Sport launch in Kentucky.
- Monthly launches year round.
- Dealt with FAA and KAZC. Obtained proper waviers and permits.
- Aquired vendors and sponsors for our events.
- Club purchased launch system.
- Became TRA section #130.
- First regional NAR competition in Kentucky.
- First CAP launch and rocket school in Kentucky.
- Obtained highest waiver ever in Kentucky.
- Worked with LEX to obtain new wavier in their air space.
- 1st HPR team in Kentucky.
I think great things are in the future for BRS.
We will have 3 two day launches in 09',they will also be NAR comp held on those 2 day launches.
- Conduct the First research launch in Kentucky.
- Get the group involved in team/NARTREK/ competition.
- Hold/Mentor build sessions for team and competition events.
- Hold/Mentor L2 tutor sessions.
- Officially Incorporate Club By-Laws.
- Hold First Officer Elections in 2010.
- Motor Mixing Classes.
- Multiple and better Launch Sites.
- Club Sponser Three NAR Competition Events in 2009.
- Develop Database for BRS records.
We got a great group of guys and gals that always make flying a joy, even when things don't go as planned. I know over the past 4 years, I have learned a lot from the good folks I've flown with,
and if some folks learned something from me thats great.
- 1-10-09 Sims Farm.
- 2-14-09 Sims Farm.
- 3-14&15-09 Sims Farm Blue Sky 1 NAR competition.
- 4-11-09 Sims Farm.
- 5-9-09 ADC.
- 6-13&14-09 ADC Blue Sky II NAR comp.
- 7-11-09 ADC.
- 8-8-09 ADC.
- 9-12-09 ADC.
- 10-10&11-09 ADC (BB09').
- 12-12-09 Sims Farm.
Our next 2 years we are going to have many more 1st's for our club.
Our next launch is at Sims Farm (weather permitting)1-10-09 9-5EST.
We will hold a meeting after the launch to go over the rough draft of our by-laws.
Dues for the year will be due $50. Dues include launch fees for the year.
Non-members will have $8 launch fees, 1st time fliers always free.
Children 16 and under free.
Hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas and New Year,
and thanks again for letting me serve you.
NAR 84184 L3
TRA 11019 L3