BlueSkies 108 Report
April 02, 2017
Highland Sod Farm
It was cold, windy and overcast at 9:00 am but conditions improved and we were ready to launch by 11:00 am.
The modified High power launch controller was used for the 1st time. It has a power light but not continuity indicator. It worked flawlessly all day.
We had 7 fliers with 19 flights on 19 motors burned. The total impulse was 1,711 N-sec. (Aerotech J415) .
1/8A - 0
1/4A - 0
1/2A - 0
A - 0
B - 5
C - 6
D - 2
E - 2
F - 1
G - 0
H - 2
I - 0
J - 1
K - 0
L - 0
M - 0
Flyers and their Birds.
|Name ||Flights ||Comments
|Joe Magginnis ||4 ||
- Dragonite (B6-4) Nice and Straight
- Patriot (C6-5) Great Flight. The parachute did not deploy and the model broke 1 fin.
- Super Alpha (D12-5). Good flight.
- Metalizer (B6-4) Great flight
|Owen Mickelwait ||4 ||
- Baby Bertha (C6-5) Lost Engine Mount.
- Baby Bertha (C6-5)
- Vintage Estes (B6-4) 1st launch attempt failed due to bad igniter. Came down fast and broke 1 fin.
- Baby Bertha (C6-5) Homemade pod nose. In perfect condition even though it hit hard gravel and rocks during landing.
|Michael Turner ||4 ||
- Skytrak (C6-5) 1st launch of the day.
- Apogee Aspire (F24-7W) Good flight. Shroud lines ripped from plastic chute.
- Apogee Aspire (E18W) Perfect flight
- Hyper LOC 300 (J270G) Adept 22 altimeter recorded flight altitude of 4465'.
|Jeff Merkle ||2 ||
- Piper 1 (D12-3)
- Piper 1 (E9-4) Landed in power line west of launch pad near house.
|Kyle Mickelwait ||2 ||
- Home Made (B6-4) 1st flight in over 20 years. Good Flight.
- Home Made (C6-5) Spiral on launch. 1 fin loose may have been cause or too much power.
|Ed Seward ||2 ||
- Der Red Max (H165R)
- Upscale Der Red Max (H165R)
| Mimh Mattie ||1 ||
- Metalizer (B6-4) Her 1st and only flight to date. Prepared recovery and motor by herself. Good successful flight.
Come to our next launch and enjoy the fun.
Our next Sport launch scheduled is TBA at the Highland Sod Farm in Elizabethtown, KY .
Launch Fees are $10.00 for HPR and $5.00 for low power per day
Stay tuned to this web site for launch schedule updates.
Dues for the 2017 season are now due at $20.00 for the year.
END 4/05/2017 END