BlueSkies 110 Report
July 15, 2017
Highland Sod Farm
Weather conditions were good. The winds were from the ENE at the beginnins of the launch but changed to more NE which kept models from the corn field.
The new launch controler and pad relay were brought but not used since U of L brought and set up their equitment. We used their controller but our launch pad for High Power.
We had 11 fliers with 25 flights on 25 motors burned. The total impulse was 3,820.1 N-sec. (Aerotech L1520T-PS) .
1/8A - 0
1/4A - 0
1/2A - 0
A - 2
B - 5
C - 7
D - 0
E - 0
F - 2
G - 1
H - 1
I - 7
J - 0
K - 0
L - 0
M - 0
Flyers and their Birds.
|Name ||Flights ||Comments
|Joe Magginnis ||4 ||
- Dragonite (B6-4) Nice and Straight
- Patriot (C6-5) Great Flight. The parachute did not deploy and the model broke 1 fin.
- Super Alpha (D12-5). Good flight.
- Metalizer (B6-4) Great flight
|Owen Mickelwait ||4 ||
- Baby Bertha (C6-5) Lost Engine Mount.
- Baby Bertha (C6-5)
- Vintage Estes (B6-4) 1st launch attempt failed due to bad igniter. Came down fast and broke 1 fin.
- Baby Bertha (C6-5) Homemade pod nose. In perfect condition even though it hit hard gravel and rocks during landing.
|Michael Turner ||4 ||
- Skytrak (C6-5) 1st launch of the day.
- Apogee Aspire (F24-7W) Good flight. Shroud lines ripped from plastic chute.
- Apogee Aspire (E18W) Perfect flight
- Hyper LOC 300 (J270G) Adept 22 altimeter recorded flight altitude of 4465'.
|Jeff Merkle ||2 ||
- Piper 1 (D12-3)
- Piper 1 (E9-4) Landed in power line west of launch pad near house.
|Kyle Mickelwait ||2 ||
- Home Made (B6-4) 1st flight in over 20 years. Good Flight.
- Home Made (C6-5) Spiral on launch. 1 fin loose may have been cause or too much power.
|Ed Seward ||2 ||
- Der Red Max (H165R)
- Upscale Der Red Max (H165R)
| Mimh Mattie ||1 ||
- Metalizer (B6-4) Her 1st and only flight to date. Prepared recovery and motor by herself. Good successful flight.
Come to our next launch and enjoy the fun.
Our next Sport launch scheduled is TBA at the Highland Sod Farm in Elizabethtown, KY .
Launch Fees are $10.00 for HPR and $5.00 for low power per day
Stay tuned to this web site for launch schedule updates.
Dues for the 2017 season are now due at $20.00 for the year.
END 7/19/2017 END