BlueSkies 111 Report
October 14, 2017
Highland Sod Farm
Weather conditions were good. The winds were from the ENE at the beginnins of the launch but changed to more NE which kept models from the corn field.
The new launch controler and pad relay for high power launches was used for the first time. I forgot the required battery for the controller but borrowed U of L's extra battery. Ed repaired the 1515 launch pad for High Power and it worked fine for the few launches it was used. We also had the 1010 rail and it was used also for a few launches.
We had 7 fliers with 16 successful flights and 1 unsuccessful flight on 18 motors burned. The total impulse was 4,680.2 N-sec. (Aerotech L1520T-PS) .
1/8A - 0
1/4A - 0
1/2A - 1
A - 4
B - 2
C - 4
D - 1
E - 3
F - 0
G - 0
H - 0
I - 1
J - 0
K - 1
L - 1
M - 0
Flyers and their Birds.
|Name ||Flights ||Comments
|Jeromie Magginnis ||6 ||
- Red Max Der (B6-4) Nice and Straight. Maiden Flight
- Pink Daddy (E9-4) Great Flight.
- Dueces Wild (2 x C6-3). Good flight.
- Pink Daddy (E9-4) Great flight
- Tomahawk (D12-3) Great Flight with slow lift-off. Maiden Flight.
- Tomahawk (E9-4). Great Flight with slow lift-off. Maiden Flight.
|George Gradl ||5 ||
- Mongoose (C6-0/A8-3) 2-stage rocket ignited as the 1st stage burned out.
- 112005 (B6-4) Great straight flight.
- Lil' Hercules (A8-3) Good straight flight and recovered too. Gave rocket to Wyatt to paint and fly again.
- Sizzler (1/2A6-3) Good flight easy to see paint.
- Vector 1 (micromax) battery not strong enough to launch.
|Michael Meier ||2 ||
- Typhon Heavy XL (A8-3) His 1st launch ever.
- Typhon Heavy XL (A8-3) Another great flight.
|Jerett Coyle ||1 ||
- Scratch Built (I445 Vmax) Successful L1 Flight.
|Matthew Cosgrove ||1 ||
- Scratch Built (L990 BS) Successful L2 Flight.
|Logan Magginnis ||1 ||
- Alpha (C6-5) Nice Straight Flight. Lost sight during recovery but did find rocket.
| Michael Turner ||1 ||
- Hyper LOC 300 (K360) Nice flight. Recovery electronics failed and not found after extended search.
Come to our next launch and enjoy the fun.
Our next Sport launch scheduled is November 11, 2017 at the Highland Sod Farm in Elizabethtown, KY .
Launch Fees are $10.00 for HPR and $5.00 for low power per day
Stay tuned to this web site for launch schedule updates.
Dues for the 2017 season are now due at $20.00 for the year.
END 10/15/2017 END