BlueSkies 119 Report
October 20, 2018
Highland Sod Farm
Today marks the first time our club was able to use our new Wilson Launch system for both low/mid & HPR rockets. The system performed flawlessly. There were no mis fires due to the system.
Winds were mild at the beginning of the day (4.5 to 8 mph) but ended our launch day early due to winds exceeding the safety limit of over 20 mph around 3:00pm.
We had 5 fliers with 17 successful flights on 17 motors burned. The total impulse was 2069.3 N-sec. (Aerotech K828FJ) .
1/8A - 0
1/4A - 0
1/2A - 0
A - 3
B - 2
C - 4
D - 3
E - 0
F - 0
G - 1
H - 1
I - 1
J - 0
K - 0
L - 1
M - 0
Flyers and their Birds.
|Name ||Flights ||Comments
|Joe Magginnis ||7 ||
- Quinnstar (C6-3)
- Quinnstar (C6-5)
- Patriot (B6-4)
- Patriot (A8-3) Not enough engine thrust
- Bandit 1 (A3-4T) Came in ballistic and lost nose cone.
- Bandit 2 (A3-4T)
- UFO 51 (CB6-5) Wind was so strong flight height was only about 30 feet.
|Jeff Caldwell ||5 ||
- Flutter By (A8-3)
- Conquest (B6-4)
- Flip Flyer (B6-4)
- Eradicator (G83 BS)Jolly Logic Chute release
- Black Brandt II (H133 BS) Jolly Logic chute release
|Ed Bronner ||3 ||
- Magnum Sprint (D12-5)
- Amazon (D10-3) 1st igniter poped but did no ignite motor
- Crossfire (C6-5) Grabbed by wind.
|Darryl Hankes ||1 ||
- Bullpup(1/2 Scale) (L13695) - Camr in ballastic and rocket lost
|Matthew Trudor ||1 ||
- AGM #33 Pike (I218 R) Li attempt - Successful
Lots of help setting up and tear down is greatly apppreached.
Come to our next launch and enjoy the fun.
Our next Sport launch scheduled is October 13, 2018 at the Highland Sod Farm in Elizabethtown, KY .
Matthew Tudor's L1 attempt was successful - Congratulations.
Launch Fees are $10.00 for HPR and $5.00 for low power per day
Stay tuned to this web site for launch schedule updates.
Dues for the 2018 season are now due at $10.00 for the year.
END 10/20/2018 END