BlueSkies 32 Report
August, 08, 2009
This launch is both a sport launch and BaseBall Lofter Competition. It was mostly cloudy skies with winds in the 10 - 20 mph range most of the day. The winds got stronger as the day went on and the clouds continued to dissipate.
We had 3 fliers with 19 flights and 23 motors burned for a total impulse of 570ns. (Aerotech I364FJ) .
1/2A - 0
A - 4
B - 0
C - 5
D - 8
E - 4
F - 1
G - 1
H - 0
I - 0
J - 0
Baseball Loft Competition
|Darryl Hankes ||37.7 ||139.4 ||177.1 ||1st
|Dennis Stevens ||23.3 ||125.5 ||148.9 ||2nd
|Joe Magginnis ||45.1 ||19.9 ||65.0 ||3rd
Flyers and their Birds including Competition
|Name ||Flights ||Comments
|Darryl Hankes ||7 ||
- Silver Balls (D12-3) D-Duration Good looking model. Great Flight.
- Silver Balls (B6-6) E-Altitude Great flight with good hang time - 1st Place.
- Brother Blue (D12-0/D12-7) Chad staged. Great Loop de Loop Flight.
- Drago (G78-7G) Great 29 mm Wildman Rocket.
- RZ-045 (D12-7) Another Loop de Loop Flight.
- Scar Face (F60-10RR) Excellent Flight. Good and fast lift off. Good Height.
- Hallows Eve (3xC6-7) Great straight flight on 3 engines.
|Dennis Stevens ||7 ||
- Baseball Loft (D12-3) D-Duration.
- Baseball Loft (E30-4) E-Altitude (Engine CATO).
- Baseball Loft (E30-7) E-Duration Good Flight - 2nd Place.
- Frick & Frack (C6-0/C6-3) Perfect separation and lots of twirling action.
- Freaky Flier (A3-4T) Home run.
- Freaky Flier (A3-4T) Still on the pad.
- Kraken (D12-3).
| Joe Magginnis ||5 |
- Baseball Lofter (D12-5) D-Duration Good Flight.
- Baseball Lofter (E30-7) E-Altitude Baseball sparated - 3rd Place. Lost Baseball Nose Cone.
- Batroc (A8-3) Maiden Flight.
- Viking-1 (D12-5) Maiden Flight. Lost Nose Cone and 9" Chute.
- Swift (A8-3) Maiden Flight. Lost Nose Cone.
Our next launch is at ADC Park September 12, 2009 10-5 EST including the Final Loft Competition with the Softball Loft.
Stay tuned to BRS site for launch schedule updates.
END 10/27/09 END