BlueSkies 41 Report
May 15, 2010
Clear skies, winds from the east and no rain made for a great launch day. The temperatures started out at a plesant (Darryl thought it was cold) low 70's but heated up to a swelting low 90's in the afternoon. Lots of water and shade was the call for the day. The warm and humid weather wore a few of us out.
We had 5 fliers with 34 flights and 40 motors burned. The total impulse was 672.5 ns.(Kodon J450) .
1/8A - 0
1/4A - 8
1/2A - 0
A - 9
B - 3
C - 10
D - 4
E - 1
F - 3
G - 2
H - 0
I - 0
J - 0
K - 0
L - 0
Flyers and their Birds.
|Name ||Flights ||Comments
|Dennis Stevens ||10 ||
- E/Glider (A3-4T) Short flight with no glide.
- E/Glider (A3-4T) Nice Flight.
- Rock-it (D12-3) Nice Flight.
- Redstone (C6-3) Not enough lift. Crushed forward opening area.
- F Super Roc (F29) Nice Flight. CTI motor.
- Defender (C6-7) Nice Flight.
- Deep Space Transport (C5-3) Nice Flight.
- Interceptor II (C6-5) Nice Flight. Landed close by.
- Redstone (D10-5W) Great Flight.
- Big Daddy (D12-5) Shock Cord broke at elastic part.
|Joe Magginnis ||9 ||
- Cowabunga (G57-5) CTI 2 grain.
- Cowabunga (F59-5) CTI 1 grain.
- Snitch (C6-0) Nice Flight.
- Tristar (C6-5) Good Flight after fixing tail fin.
- Sonic Boom (B6-4) Nice Flight. Great Dark tracking smoke.
- Sky Dive (C5-3) Nice Flight.
- Dragonite (C6-3) Nice Flight.
- Pip Squeak (A6-4) Nice Flight. Landed close by.
- Seeker (B6-4) Great Flight.
|Darryl Hankes ||5 ||
- O-13 (1/4A-3T) Nice Flight. Put the model up there really high. Little rocket hard to see.
- M-13 (A3-4T) Nice Flight. Another one put on the moon. Little rocket hrd to see.
- D-13 (A10-3T) Great Flight and Height.
- OCTO (4x1/4A5-T & A3-4T) Lots of motors to lite.
- DarkStar Lite (G75-10M) Great Flight.
|Dylan Hankes ||5 ||
- Nike K (A10-3T) Nice Flight.
- monument (A3-4T) Nice Flight.
- Fat Boy Jr. (3x1/4A-3T & A10-3T) Great Flight and Height.
- CFX-05A (A10-3T) Nice Flight.
- DarkStar Lite (F29) Low Flight. Needed more thrust.
|Joe Simon ||5 ||
- Ruskie (D24-4) Nice Flight.
- Stealth (E15-7W) Chuffed before and during flight. low flight with ejection on the ground.
- Rose-a-Rock (B6-4) Blades kept collapsing and model flipped several times during flight.
- Elite Egglofter (C6-3) No scrambled eggs today.
- Daddy Long Legs (C6-5) Great Flight. Broke fin on landing.
It was a long fun day for all who could make the launch. We had some great flights and some spectactular landings. Only a few models were damaged but all could be repaired. But most amazing fact is that no one lost a thing. We almost lost a motor casing but Darryl's keen eye spotted it and saved the day.END 5/16/2010 END
After swapping spit and polish, we left the launch area around 4:45 pm with a day filled with rocket memories and tired rocketeers.
Our next launch is a regional competition scheduled for June 5-6, 2010 at ADC Park between 10 - 5 each day. Sport launch also.
Stay tuned to the Bluegrass Rocketry Society web site for launch schedule updates.
See you there.