October 1, 2011
It was cold and windy and cloudy most of the day ACD Park. I got there at 9:30 and left at 5:30. There were many more people at the park due to the auto show but the winds were from the NNW which carried the rockets away from the crowded areas and caused less worry about landings.
We had 6 fliers with 37 flights and 43 motors burned. The total impulse was 362.5 N-sec. (Cesaroni I212SS) .
1/8A - 0
1/4A - 0
1/2A - 2
A - 7
B - 11
C - 17
D - 6
E - 0
F - 0
G - 0
H - 0
I - 0
J - 0
K - 0
L - 0
M - 0
Flyers and their Birds.
|Name ||Flights ||Comments
|Joe Magginnis ||11 ||
- Snitch (B6-0) Drag with Snitch below
- Snitch (B6-0) Drag with Snitch above
- Snitch (C6-0) Drag with Snitch below
- Snitch (B6-0) Drag with Snitch above.
- Gold Strike (C6-5) Good flight. Dennis recovered.
- Seeker (C6-3) Drag race with Darryl
- Patriot (C5-3) Good Flight
- Patriot (B6-4) Drag race with Jeff
- Patriot (D13-4) Drag race with Jeff.
- Patriot (D13-4) Almost lost rocket. Darryl helped find it.
- Snitch (B6-0) Maguire Roff prepared and launched the on with my help.
|Jeff Caldwell ||9 ||
- Little Joe II (A10-3T) Landed in Parking Lot. Some Damage. Top of Capsule came on in the parking lot.
- Patriot (D13-7) Drag Race with Joe.
- Excalibur 2 (B6-0/A8-5) Landed near the water.
- Patriot (B6-4) Drag race with Joe.
- Hornet I (B6-4)
- Little Joe II (A3-4T) .
- Parallel Staged PSR (D12-5/A8-3 x4) Exciting Flight watching the 4 side motors break away from the main body tube.
- Golden Scout (1/2A6-2) Nice Flight.
- Golden Scout (1/2A6-2) Motor too far aft for a stable flight.
|Dennis Stevens ||8 ||
- '57 Goony (B4-4) Interesting Flight. Hit Parking Lot causing some damage.
- Der Goony (B6-4) Another interesting rocket. Good Flight.
- Goony Bird (B6-4) Good flight.
- Air Show (C6-5) Good glider separation and glide paths on both gliders.
- Big Bertha (C6-5) Good Flight.
- Air Show (C6-5) Good glider separation and glide patterns
- Big Bertha (C6-5) Good Flight
- Ruskie (C6-5) ???? Did not see this one. I was looking for the Patriot at the time of flight.
|Darryl Hankes ||7 ||
- Ice Storm (C6-7) And the weather was cold too.
- Seeker (C6-7) Good Flight.
- SAM (D12-0/C6-7) Unstable until upper stage ignited then stable horizonal flight.
- Seeker (C6-7) Drag with Joe
- Pink (C6-7) Good Flight
- SAM (C6-7) Good Flight
- CZI2F (C6-7) Good Flight
|Kadi Roff ||1 ||
- Snitch (C6-0) Drag with Brother.
|Maguire Roff ||1 ||
- Snitch (B6-0) Drag with Sister.
We had the CAP group fly for their merit badge. Did not obtain any information or details on their flights or how each cadet did in their quest.
Welcome James Roff and family our newest BRS members. The family is a local resident of Harrodsburg. We had a great time helping you and your family fly rockets. I did not get a flight card and therefore was unable to document your flights in this report. If you contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your flights I will post them.
Our next launch is scheduled for November 12, 2011 at ADC Park. Come and have fun. Hope to see ya all then.
Stay tuned to this web site for launch schedule updates.
See you there.
END 10/02/2011 END