BlueSkies 61 Report
October 13, 2012
It was a bit windy but a good day to fly for the most part.
We had 4 fliers with 14 flights and 22 motors burned. The total impulse was 452.2 N-sec. (Aerotech I305 FJ).
1/8A - 0
1/4A - 0
1/2A - 0
A - 4
B - 3
C - 10
D - 1
E - 2
F - 1
G - 0
H - 1
I - 0
J - 0
K - 0
L - 0
M - 0
Flyers and their Birds.
|Name ||Flights ||Comments
|Jeff Caldwell ||5 ||
- Black Brant (D12-5) Broke fin on landing
- Blackbird (B6-2) Nice Low flight. Easy recovery. No damage.
- Golden Scout (A8-5) Motor did not move to cause it to tumble. Lawn Dart. No Damage
- Excalibur 2 (C6-0/C6-7) Nice flight. Good strait flight with booster tumbling and model landing safely.
- Defender (3x C6-7) All motors lit causing the model to fly straight. Nice flight.
|Darryl Hankes ||4 ||
- Wild Infant (E31 WT) Maiden Flight. Good flight.
- Mind Over Matter (3x C6-3) All motors lit. Nice Straight high flight.
- Baby Boy (3x A10-3T) All motors lit and rocket launched straight upward to a good height. Nice Flight
- Hydra 7 (7X C6-7) Rocket started to lift off but did not clear rail. ejection charge popped nose cone. Only 2 of the 6 motors lit.
|Joe Magginnis ||4 ||
- Snitch (B6-0) Good Flight
- WitchCraft (B6-2) Maiden Flight. Slight Weather cock. Good Flight.
- Leviathan (F36-7) Maiden Flight. Nice and slow lift off. Delay was too long. Shock Cord created a zipper in body tube. Model can be repaired.
- Umbrella (E30) Nice Flight
|Johnny White ||1 ||
- Skyburst (H410-7 Vmax) Maiden Flight and L1 Attempt. Motor CATOed totally destroying the fin can section.
Our next launch is scheduled for November 10th at ADC Park. Come and have fun. Hope to see ya all then.
Stay tuned to this web site for launch schedule updates.
END 10/15/2012 END