BlueSkies 79 Report
April 26, 2014
It was a beautiful day to shoot high power. There was little to no wind with blue skies.
We had 4 fliers with 20 flights on 32 motors burned. The total impulse was 5058.5 N-sec. (Cesaronia L1685) .
1/8A - 0
1/4A - 0
1/2A - 0
A - 6
B - 5
C - 8
D - 2
E - 1
F - 4
G - 1
H - 0
I - 3
J - 0
K - 1
L - 1
M - 0
Flyers and their Birds.
|Name ||Flights ||Comments
|Joe Magginnis ||11 ||
- Snitch (C6-3)
- Snitch (C6-3)
- Ascender (F15-0/F15-8) Maiden Flight with booster.
- Quad Runner (4 x B6-6) Good Flight.
- Ascender (F15-0/F15-8) Good flight.
- Quad Runner (4 x C6-5)
- Patriot 54mm (I120) Nice and slow lift off.
- Quad Runner (4 x A8-4) Good Flight.
- Snitch (D10-3) Quick flight. Plastic motor retainer melted to motor.
- Big Bertha (E22-5) Maiden Flight using a CTI E22 motor. Good Flight. Motor Mount and casing stripped from model and was lost.
- Mongoose (C6-0/B6-6) Lost Sustainer.
|Allen Burnham ||5 ||
- Mini Max (A10-3) Maiden Flight. Great Flight.
- Vegabond (C6-5) Maiden Flight on C6 motor. Wobbly flight. lowest impulse motor for safe flight.
- LOC IV extended (G78-6) Great flight.
- Solar Warrior (D12-5) .
- Viking (A8-3) .
- Mirage (G40-4) .
- Barracuda (G76-7) .
- Ventris (F15-6) .
|Darryl Hankes ||3 ||
- Drago(I204C) Great High Flight.
- Drago (I204 Imax) Good Flightmotor.
- BD IV (K940WT) Lost nose cone in tree. later recovered with professional help.
|UofL ||1 ||
- USLI (L1720) Booster recovery device failed to deploy chute. Sustainer worked great .
Our next Sport launch is scheduled for May 10th at Sod Farm .
Launch Fees are $10.00 for HPR and $5.00 for low power per day
Stay tuned to this web site for launch schedule updates.
Dues for the 2014 season are only $20.00 for the year.
END 04/27/2014 END