BlueSkies 82 Report
Julye 19 & 20, 2014
It was a great day to fly. Light winds and Mostly Overcast Skies clearing later to partly cloudy.
We had 8 fliers with 38 flights on 48 motors burned. The total impulse was 5435.5 N-sec. (CTI M2250) .
1/8A - 0
1/4A - 0
1/2A - 1
A - 7
B - 5
C - 16
D - 4
E - 1
F - 3
G - 4
H - 2
I - 1
J - 4
K - 0
L - 0
M - 0
Flyers and their Birds.
|Name ||Flights ||Comments
|Joe Magginnis ||9 ||
- EX 200 (1/2A3-2T) Nice Flight.
- EX-200 (1/2A3-2T) Good Flight. A bit higher.
- Helios with BT60 Booster (D12-0/C6-7) Great Flight.
- Quad Runner (4XA8-5) Model flew straight but not high enough for a 5 second delay because the ejection charge went off on the ground. One engine did not ignite. No Damage.
- Quad Runner (4 X B6-4) Good Flight.
- Helios with BT60 Booster (D12-0.C6-7) Model started to turn as upper stage ignited. Model made several loops before lawn darting into the ground west of the launch site. Some body tube damage occurred but it can be fixed with a centering ring.
- Alien Invader (C6-5) Good Flight.
- Ascender (F15-0/F15-8) Good Flight even though though the upper stage went horizontal at ignition. Upon recovery of the booster stage the motor was found a few feet away from the booster and the retainer had ejected landing a few feet up the hill.
- Alien Invader (D13-7) The AP reload took the model up quickly but did not cause any damage to the model.
|Jeff Caldwell ||8 ||
- Redeye (A10-3T) Good Flight.
- Centuri Astro-1 (C6-7) Good Flight. Found in Bean Field.
- Photon Disruptor (B6-4) Maiden Flight. Good Flight.
- Tuber (C11-0/D12-5) Good Flight.
- IQSY Tomahawk - LOC H53-mellow. Straight Flight.
- "D" Region Tomahawk (E9-6)
- Photon Disruptor (C6-5) Chute did not open. Landing damage.
- MX774 (C6-5) Good Flight.
|Elliot Davis ||5 ||
- Patriach(C 6-5) Good Flight.
- Darkbird (C6-5) Great liftoff. Nose cone separated, body tube tumbled, and motor assembly streamered fine. All components lost in bean field.
- Patriach(C6-5) Great Flight.
- Patriach (C6-5) Good Flight.
- Outlaw (C6-5) Nice Flight.
|Ed Motley ||5 |
- Leviathan #3(J290-12) Good Flight.
- Leviathan #3(H152-10) Good Flight.
- Leviathan #3(I540-11) Good Flight.
- Leviathan 1(G80-7SK) Good Flight.
- Leviathan 1(G40-7) Good Flight.
|Gary Davis ||3 |
- SA-14 Archer(G125-7R) Good Flight.
- SA-14 Archer(F59WT) .
- SA-14 Archer(G80-7SK) Motor Burn through casing due to crimpled o-ring.
|Mollie Evans ||3 |
- Athena(C6-3) Good Flight.
- Amazon (C6-3) Good Flight.
|Darryl Hankes ||3 |
- Black & White (J357WW)
- Black & White(J800T)
- Vostock (J530 imax)
|Lanie Davis ||2 ||
- Outlaw(C6-5) Good Flight.
- Outlaw(c6-5) Good Flight.
It was a great day to fly rockets. A alot of great flights were launched today. Why not come out to our next Sod Farm launch in August.
Our next Sport launch is scheduled for August 16th at Sod Farm .
Launch Fees are $10.00 for HPR and $5.00 for low power per day
Stay tuned to this web site for launch schedule updates.
Dues for the 2014 season are only $20.00 for the year.
END 07/26/2014 END