BlueSkies 88 Report
December 14, 2014
The weather started out cold but overall it was a good day to fly. It started out cold at 41 degrees and warmed up to the low 59's by the end of the day. Skies remained partly cloudy most of the launch. The winds were near zero with gusts up to about 6 mph.
We had 4 fliers with 19 flights on 20 motors burned (Including a static test). The total impulse was 11395.2N-sec. (AMW N2700BB) .
1/8A - 0
1/4A - 0
1/2A - 0
A - 0
B - 0
C - 4
D - 0
E - 4
F - 3
G - 3
H - 1
I - 1
J - 1
K - 1
L - 2
M - 0
Flyers and their Birds.
|Name ||Flights ||Comments
|Joe Magginnis ||9 ||
- Metalizer (C6-3). Good Flight.
- Patriot 18mm (C6-5) Good Flight.
- Gold Strike (C6-5) Part of the forward end decal shred. Model fixed with wrapping tape.
- Dragonite (C6-5) Good Flight.
- Lance Delta (G106) Skidmark motor launched from relay pad.
- Lance Delta (H87) Good Flight.
- 3 Demon (F36 BS) Chute did not deploy and on fin broke upon landing. Repair is possible.
- Vegabond (E12-8) .
- Vegabond (E12-8) No chute. Model crashed. Minor damage to forward ent of body tube. Model flyable.
|Chris Betrand ||6 ||
- Wild Child (E16) Good Flight.
- Leviathan (G76-7) Good Flight.
- Wild Child (F27-8) Good Flight.
- Big Daddy (E20-4) Good Flight.
- Barracuda (G64-7) .
- Ventris (F42-6) Good Flight.
|Darryl Hankes ||2 ||
- Pheonix (L1000) Engine CATO.
- Wilby (K500DT) .
- Static Motor Test (L1300 BD) Motor CATOed during testing.
|Jeff Caldwell ||2 ||
- Aerobee 150A (I236 BS) 3164'.
- PAC-3 Patriot (J760) 3887' with zippered body tube.
Weather started out a bit chilly but turned out to be a good day to fly rockets.
Come to our next launch and enjoy the fun.
Our next Sport launch scheduled is February 14, 2914 at the Highland Sod Farm in Elizabethtown, KY .
Launch Fees are $10.00 for HPR and $5.00 for low power per day
Stay tuned to this web site for launch schedule updates.
Dues for the 2015 season are now due at $20.00 for the year.
END 12/28/2014 END