BlueSkies 98 Report
October 11, 2015
Highland Sod Farm
It was a cool morning in the high 40 but turned out to be a great day to fly rockets in the upper 70's with low winds that got stronger as the day got longer.
We had 6 fliers with 18 flights on 19 motors burned. The total impulse was 2787.3 N-sec. (CTI L1050) .
1/8A - 0
1/4A - 0
1/2A - 0
A - 2
B - 7
C - 1
D - 2
E - 1
F - 1
G - 1
H - 0
I - 3
J - 1
K - 0
L - 0
M - 0
Flyers and their Birds.
|Name ||Flights ||Comments
|Joe Magginnis ||8 ||
- EX-200 (A3-4T) Never left pad. standoff melted to Plastic LL.
- Flip Flyer (B6-4) Maiden Flight
- Super Alpha (D12-3) Maiden Flight.
- Patriot (B6-4) .
- Vegabond (E9-4) Long walk. Ed recovered for me. Thanks Ed.
- Flip Flyer (B6-4) Body did not flip like last time.
- Gold Streak (A8-3) Fin Can separated from Body Tube. Model Repairable.
- Softball Rocket (F29-5) Model got some real good height.
|Darryl Hankes ||4 ||
- SPEV (B6-4) Nice looking rocket with a good flight. Went pretty high on a B6.
- Silver Bullet (J354W) .
- Penatranroc (B6-4) .
- Mercury Redstone (B6-4) .
|Zachary McKinney ||2 ||
- Patriot (B6-4) Zachary's First Flight.
- Helios (D12-0/C6-7) Model went horizontal and landed a goodly distance across the road to the south. Chute did not deploy and upper stage body tube was destroyed.
|Ed Motley ||2 ||
- Ventris (G80-10T)
- Leviathan 54 (I470) Good flight. Landed in a tree but was recovered.
|Dylan Hankes ||1 ||
- AMRAAM (I435W)
| Michael Turner ||1 ||
- Hyper LOC 300 (I242W) .
Come to our next launch and enjoy the fun.
Our next Sport launch scheduled is November 7, 2015 at the Highland Sod Farm in Elizabethtown, KY .
Launch Fees are $10.00 for HPR and $5.00 for low power per day
Stay tuned to this web site for launch schedule updates.
Dues for the 2015 season are now due at $20.00 for the year.
We still need a Tripoli member to replace Darrell as the Prefect, so if intrested contact Darrell.
END 10/12/2015 END