Sims Farm 1-3-09 Report
January 03, 2009
The day started out decent and got progressively worse.
We started flying about 11 and ended around 3 due to the sky opening up.
All in all it was a great day and good to be back at Sims farm.
We had 8 fliers with 23 flights and 25 motors burned.
That gave us a total impulse of 1696.7ns= that is a little more than a AMWK 570WW.
A - 0
B - 1
C - 7
D - 4
E - 5
F - 1
G - 4
H - 2
I - 1
J - 0
Flyers and their Birds
|Name ||Flights ||Comments
|Jacob Elkins ||5 ||
- Super Bird(C6-5) Super flight.
- Guardian(B6- 6) Nice flight.
- Big Daddy(D12-7) Sweet.
- Big Daddy (E9-8) Big air.
- Big Daddy (E9-8) Cracked a fin.
|Jeff deDoming ||4 ||
- Phobos(H97J) Great flight.
- Video rocket(E9-8) Always cool.
- Onyx(F40-4W) Chuff Chuff and we got fire.
- Scratch Build(E9-8) Dennis found it.
|CJ Kendrick ||4 ||
- Pink Crayon(G75J) Needed shorter delay,blew load about 20' off the deck.
- Gemini-Titan( C6-5) Popped a fin.
- Blackhawk(C6- 5) Nice twist.
- Bullpuppy(H120RL) Ripped off the pad and landed on the wrong side of the river.
| Andrew Conors ||3 ||
- Patriot(D21- 7T) Nice flight and walk.
- AMRAAM(C6-5) Tangled chute.
- Buzzie(G80-10T) Cool and quick.
|Darryl Hankes ||3 ||
- Clepto(D12-5) Sacrifice.
- Omloid(D21-7T) And the egg survived
- Hydra 7(7xC6-7) Only 3 lit,not pretty
|Joe Magginnis ||2 ||
- Warthog(G80-10T) Maiden flight and a good one.
- Tomahawk(G80- 10T) Maiden voyage and tree.
|Randy Elkins ||1 ||
- Endevor(I357T) Thundered off the pad.
|Dennis Stevens ||1 ||
- Upscale Starship Nova(E9-4) Great flying upscale.
Had a great time even though the cloud cover prevented me from flying my L motor.
Our next launch will be next Sat. Jan 10th at Sims (weather permitting) otherwise ADC Park.
Stay tuned to the web site for schedule updates.
See all then. Our next meeting will be in Jan.
END 01/05/09 END